Learning to feed farm animals

I go to work soon and I am soooooooooo tired from the 6:30AM wake-up call today to feed ALL the animals at the farm.  That's right.  ALL the animals (petting zoo with a slew of goats & lambs, 7 cows, 4 horses + mini horse, 3 pigs, 2 chicken coops, geese & ducks, buck & ram).  I wish I could've fit in a nap between farming this morning and going to work in the afternoon, but alas here I am updating this blog.  I'm also wired a bit from caffeine to sustain me through work tonight.

I was taught the feeding schedule today, and it is labor intensive and takes a lot of memorization.  It took about two hours (a task which normally takes one hour) because some things came up in the middle that Farmer Randy had to deal with while training me.  In addition to feeding and knowing the measurements of food that goes with each animal, I learned how to drive a tractor which has a manual transmission.  It's funny that I am finally learning to drive manually not on a car, but on a tractor.  I also learned how to handle hay bales (it is exhausting but makes you feel like a champ after).  I do it all over again tomorrow morning.  Now, uh, if I could just remember which name goes with which animal... Hopefully by then, I'll have memorized the majority of the feeding schedule and know the animals better.  Can't wait.

Feeding schedule board 1

Feeding schedule board 2

Comments

Popular Posts