some thoughts

My schedule is now filled up with spring classes and I've been thinking about how I'll complete my projects and general things I've been looking forward to doing.  Some thoughts as I don't really have any solid updates:

  • finished drying and crunching up nettle leaves.  i'll most likely make my long-awaited herbal infusion this weekend.  (next herbalism project will be tinctures)
  • looks like i won't be able to farm much this spring semester.  i will have to try and fit it in on the weekends or on minor holidays. 
  • i'm excited to make some nettle recipes (fritatta, soup, pesto).  i also found a recipe for dolma made out of mallow leaves!  (if you don't know me, i love dolma.)  there is mallow growing as an (unwanted) cover crop at the farm right now and is being currently dug up.  what a good way to put some of it to use.
  • i wish persimmon season lasted all year.  i want my persimmons back.  i also miss persimmon bread (kinda like banana bread).
  • looking forward to making this meyer lemon curd recipe. (so many meyer lemons at the farm)
  • looking forward to starting up my plot at the community garden

Comments

Popular Posts