Kale chips


I made some delicious kale chips the other day from organic kale I bought at the Claremont Farmers' Market.  I only had a couple leaves left so I ended up with only a small batch of kale chips.... they were gobbled up instantly.  It is very simple to make and way more economical than buying the overpriced pre-packaged kale chips at a health foods store.  I like to sprinkle mine with nutritional yeast or some mixed herbs I have around the house.

Here's the recipe:
  • Set oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
  • Wash a hand full of kale thoroughly and pat dry.  Remove leaves from center stems and chop into 1 inch pieces (or however big you want your chips to be!)
  • Transfer chopped leaves to a mixing bowl.  Add 1 tablespoon organic olive oil and a pinch of Himalayan pink salt or sea salt.  Massage the kale with hands to incorporate the olive oil and salt.
  • Transfer to baking pan and bake in oven for ~15 minutes.
  • Eat & enjoy! 

Comments

Popular Posts