Lost in Doubt

I'm becoming doubtful of my intended path and unsure of whether or not it is the right path to follow.  I keep thinking of forgoing "higher education" altogether and going to herbalism school--where my heart truly is and where I think I could fulfill my calling.  However, I still feel the urge to be involved in the issue of sustainable agriculture and food AGtivism ... My initial anger towards our current food system has turned into awareness and into passion and then into frustration and then into "Eh, change will happen eventually...."

I hear news day in and day out about another food item or household item being toxic, another corporation exploiting so-and-so, another article about how allopathic medicine does not promote health, blah blah blah.  Enough!  I am so sick of it.  What does this accusation all lead to?  This awareness of corruption and greed is overwhelming and makes me want to roll my eyes and hide under my blankets... and most likely sleep it all away.  Progressive media has the potential to become obnoxiously dogmatic and sometimes only intends to be an outlet for blame; it makes me angry.  Some days, I feel I am on the cusp of evading my responsibility to make this world a better place... Have I become hopeless?

Everyday, I am becoming more unsure of where I should go.  I'm lost.

Comments

Popular Posts